The Parts & Service Counter is closed Wednesday & Saturday, except for pick-up & drop-off.
- Our gunsmiths provide a variety of repair, maintenance, and modification services, e.g.
- Complete detail stripping and professional cleaning, usually for $40;
- Drilling and tapping, at $15/hole;
- Mounting and boresighting scopes, generally for $10-$35;
- Free, when gun and scope are both bought here;
- Fitting recoil pads, at $60 labor (wood stocks), plus the cost of the pad;
- Trigger jobs, usually at $60; and
- Other work priced according to time and parts: estimates available any week-day except Wednesday.
- Once upon a time, we sub-contracted bluing and refinishing work; now, however, we recommend D & D Gunsmiths, Ltd: you can reach them at 248-583-1512.
- We sell Gift Certificates at face value.
- We ship guns; the charge is at least $40/gun; see here, though, for special requirements for shipments to California.
- We store guns, for $3.50/gun/month, or $42/gun/year. We are required by new ATF rules to run NICS background checks on storage customers lacking a Michigan Concealed Pistol License, before releasing their stored guns back to them.
- We accept out-of-state transfers, and charge $40 per gun per shipper, when the gun coming in is something we do not carry. The customer will be responsible for completing the federal form 4473 and complying with all other state and federal requirements before we will allow the gun to leave the shop. All such transfers must be cleared with us by the buyer before the gun is shipped. We require the buyer's name, address, and telephone number, as well as a description of the gun, and the name and contact information for the shipper.
- Anyone who orders a gun that we stock, for transfer here, without clearing the transfer with us, will be charged $80 per gun (double). We will do the transfer under those terms. We will not ship the gun back to its source.
Service questions? E-mail 'em here.
Home § Contact § News § Products § Policies § Links § Staff § History § FAQ
Last update FRI29NOV13 WebMaster